Laurie serves as President and Chief Compliance Officer of RKL Wealth Management. She is responsible for overseeing firm operations, driving its growth strategy, leading the team of nearly 30 professionals and continuing to enhance the integration of client experience between RKL Wealth Management and the CPA and business advisory services offered by RKL LLP.
Professional and Business History
Laurie joined RKL in 1992 and seized the opportunity to help create a new investment advisory subsidiary in the firm’s Eastern Pennsylvania footprint. From developing services, outlining investment philosophy and growing its client base, she was instrumental in building RKL Wealth Management into the dynamic firm it is today. Laurie blends her 25 years of specialized experience in individual taxation and financial planning, combined with her intuitive nature and passion for coaching, creates a highly effective approach in helping others find success in meeting their financial and life goals.
- B.S. Accounting, Pennsylvania State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Pennsylvania
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Certificant from the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC)
- Certificate in Facilitation, Georgetown University
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- PICPA Investment Committee
- Financial Planning Association (FPA), Member
- Berks County Estate Planning Council, Past President and Member
- United Way of Berks County, Planned Giving Committee and Investment Committee Member
- The Power of the Purse Charitable Fund, Original Steering Committee Member
- Foundation for the Reading Public Museum, Treasurer and Board Member
- PICPA Reading Chapter, Past President
- Phoebe Berks Ministries, Former Trustee
- Lehigh Valley Business 2017 Women of Influence Award Recipient
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania, 2019 Take the Lead Honoree
- Hawk Mountain Council-Boy Scouts of America, Endowment Fund Committee Member
Laurie resides in Alsace Township with her husband, Alan. She enjoys her vacation time with her family at the Delaware beaches and in the Florida Keys.